10th edition of Poland’s and CEE region largest indie gamedev competition.
As every year, there will be held an international competition for the best games presented during the Pixel Heaven 2022 Games Festival & More. The productions selected by the Jury in the qualifying rounds will be presented in the PIXEL EXPO exhibition area. The award ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 11 at 20.00.
Here are the nominations for the 10th Pixel Awards Europe 2022.
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony June 11 at 20.00.
CONGRATULATIONS TO NOMINATED CREATORS & STUDIOS!
1. Playable games should be submitted up to and including 16 May 2022. You can apply with any platform games. Contest submissions are free of charge, each participant has the right to apply with 3 games from their portfolio. In the application form, it is necessary to provide a link to the build or 14 access codes to the game for all members of the Jury. When submitting a game, please do not assign it to any of the competition categories in advance. We treat VR and Mobile simply as one of many platforms, on a par with, for example, PC or PS5. Any questions? Send an e-mail to [email protected]
2. The promotional materials that can be sent together with the game are an addition and have no effect on the evaluation by the Jury.
3. There are no restrictions as to the theme, genre or subject of the game.
4. It is permissible to submit a game that has not premiered yet, in demo or prototype version.
5. If your game was in finals of the previous edition of the contest, you cannot submit the game you submitted last time.
6. Games that were available on the market before 1 September 2021 cannot be submitted for the contest, regardless of the form of distribution, model of payment, gameplay mode, and access (incl. Early Access).
7. The games will be evaluated by the Jury in the main and additional categories. Prizes in additional categories will be awarded when there are productions, according to the Jury, that deserve additional distinction.
8. The vote will also be given by the audience of the Pixel Heaven 2022 Games Festival & More, whose opinion will be taken into account when awarding the Festival Audience Special Award. Each participant of the event will have the opportunity to vote for a selected game from the group of finalists through the Pixel Heaven application.
9. The jury selects in each of the competition categories up to 3 games nominated for the prize. Each game can be nominated in more than one category.
10. The creators of the game that qualify (nominees) for the final will receive a 4 sqm. exhibition space. The organizer will provide each of the creators with an exhibition stand at the PIXEL EXPO, which will comprise a 2×2 m area with a table, two chairs, a power socket, powerful PC and professional screen and WiFi access. The creator will also receive two free entry cards for the entire event. Should you need more free entry cards, please contact [email protected] Furthermore, the creator can present a banner/roll-up advertising their game/studio.
11. The winners will receive the prizes funded by the Partners of Pixel Heaven Games Festival & More 2022. Additionally, the winner of the Big Fish Grand Prix, Indie Grand Prix and the creators of the winning games in particular categories will receive an annual subscription of the PIXEL monthly and a review of their games in the magazine.
12. Additional contest categories may be added in cooperation with the Partners of Pixel Heaven Games Festival & More 2022. We will inform about such decisions as they are made.
13. Good luck!
Former editor-in-chief in legendary Top Secret magazine, now the journalist in PIXEL monthly.
Previously at cdp.pl, QLOC, Crunching Koalas, and from 2018 on board at GOG.com, where she deals with global PR, marketing and consumer research. Great fan of indie games and cats.
Journalist, university fellow, PR & new media specialist, loves to play games. Creator of indie adventure games, journalist in PIXEL magazine.
Singer and creator of music for video games and movies. Geek, nerd, gamer, voice actress. She sings in different styles and languages (also fictional).
Passionate and collector of Polish games, journalist promoting Polish productions and gamedev companies. Editor and analyst of PolskiGamedev.pl and creator of the blog Gracpospolita.pl. Co-host of the Giermasz broadcast on Radio Szczecin, where he also runs the ?Gramy po polsku? corner – devoted to Polish games. Member of the editorial board of the PSX Extreme monthly, reviewer and author of the permanent column “Good, because Polish”. Webmaster and specialist in new and social media.
In game dev for more than 12 years. Throughout those years he has been working as a designer, producer and programmer. Currently he is a Senior Programmer at Huuuge Games. He is a teacher on UTP in Bydgoszcz, where he teaches game design and game programming. He cooperates with Gamedec on UKW in Bydgoszcz. In his spare time – Indie developer at Insane Code.
Associated with the games industry since 2009. Member and co-founder of Indie Games Poland Foundation. He started as a QA tester and a specialist in localization and translation, later dealing with, among others, level design and production of the Shadow Warrior 1 and 2. Lately working as an advisor in the field of business development and mentor in the Industrial Development Agency?s Game acceleration programme. Currently Senior Developer Relations Manager at Intel.
Organizer of Game Industry Conference, one of the founders and a member of the Indie Games Polska Foundation Council, researcher and lecturer at the Faculty of Computer Science at the Poznań University of Technology. Honored with the Annual Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage, as the organizer and promoter supporting Polish game developers.
He runs the Jawnesny.pl blog on video games culture, an outstanding expert in games and pop culture, lecturer at the Kazimierz Wielki University, journalist in PIXEL monthly magazine.
In gaming industry since forever, though at first it was a rather informal relationship. Adventure Zone website editor and CD Action magazine contributor. Working as a PR Specialist at CD Projekt RED studio for several years, being responsible for The Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077. Now managing her own PR company called PR Outreach, helping indie developers spreading the word about their awesome games.
Organizer of the Team Computer Game Development competition and the Game Graphics Contest competition, industry-specific initiatives dedicated to students. Lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź and the Institute of Computer Science of the Lodz University of Technology, where he teaches narrative through space and game design. Ambassador of sectoral education and inter-university cooperation. In his free time, an independent artist focused on using heritage as a soft power carrier.
Publisher of the PolskiGamedev.pl website. Critic, columnist, journalist, for many years the head of the journalism department in “CD-Action” monthly magazine. He wrote about games, among others in “Play” “PC Format” and “Playbox” magazines, as well as in the pages of WP.pl, Interia.pl and Onet.pl. He collaborates with “Biweekly magazine”, and publishes texts on minorities and exclusion in “Polityka” weekly.
One of the founders and President of the Management Board in the Indie Games Polska Foundation, which was established to support Polish video game developers. The role of the foundation is to help in the process of acquiring greece, creating a brand, promoting and selling. Winner of the Special Distinctions of the 2017 Award of the Year, awarded for a special contribution to the games industry.
Questions, propositions, ideas? Contact us!